“A healthy business climate is fundamental to a strong economy. A strong economy is necessary for a vibrant community.”
The Kern Leaders Academy was established to further develop and enhance the leadership qualities of individuals who are committed to work with business to solve the region’s economic and social problems. The Academy will educate students on the issues facing the region and prepare them to run for an elected office. Members from the Academy Admissions Committee will select the candidates for each class.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, AN APPLICANT MUST:
- Be a legal resident of the United States.
- Be a Kern County resident for at least one year.
PURPOSE OF SELECTION PROCESS:
To identify the highest quality candidates from Kern County who have the potential to provide the most effective community leadership and are committed to working with the business community to solve the economic and social problems of the region. It is the policy of the Kern Leaders Academy to express a strong preference for candidates who understand business and the relationship of a healthy business climate to a strong regional economy.
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS EXPECTS EACH PARTICIPANT IN THE KERN LEADERSHIP ACADEMY TO FULFILL THE FOLLOWING FOUR COMMITMENTS:
- To attend all classes and complete all assignments in preparation for classes.
- To assume leadership roles.
- To participate in postgraduate leadership activities.
- To actively assist in the enhancement and perpetuation of a healthy business climate and a vibrant community.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS AND TUITION COST:
- Applications are due the last Friday of July, each year, 5:00 PM, at 1401 19th Street, Suite 200, Bakersfield, CA 93301-4400. All applications must be submitted online to: email@example.com
- Classes are limited in size to eight to enable the Academy to provide an exceptional experience and opportunity for our students. Applicants, therefore, are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
- The class will be announced August 10, each year.
- The Academy tuition is $1000. The Academy must receive payment no later than September 1st, each year.